Home Health Care
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient' s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division' s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer' s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Clinical Skills
- Must have bedside manners
- Infection Control
- Nursing Skills
- Physiological Knowledge
- Administering Medication
- Medical Teamwork
- Capable multi-tasking,
- Able to communicate verbally Communication
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
Must have state of Idaho Nurse licensing.