IES Custom Staffing is looking for an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
Prep Cook Responsibilities:
- Following the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Labeling and stocking all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measuring ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Proven experience as prep cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
Visit our website iescustomstaffing.Com to apply and view current job openings
Contact our branch at (208) 463-9228
IES Custom Staffing 732 Caldwell Blvd., Ste. C Nampa, ID 83651
IES is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.